Friday, July 6, 2007

Of Cubicles and Men

Some say that home is where the heart is. I say home is where you spend the majority of your waking hours. For me home is a beige 8x8 piece of space in the corporate offices of a fortune 400 company. To help others get to know me and who I am I thought it would be a good idea to show everyone one what kind of pad I live in.

We start the tour of my luxurious cubicle with a stunning display of duel displays! redundancy is a good thing in IT. As you can probably tell the picture was taken with the utmost privacy in mind. Notice the blurring of the screen, props to the photographer on this shot. One thing I wold like to point out here is the custom designed All American monitor stands. I know you are thinking those are just reams of paper but I assure you they most certainly are not!
Moving right along, more so to the left than the right really. This is actually the guest area. I use this anytime we have a new hire that needs a place to watch training videos. As is evident I furnish all new employees with some thinking putty and a water bottle. Also take note of the reports to the side. Its important for later.
As we continue further to the left we see my unwitting boss, posing for his web debut. One of the luxuries of working for such a large company is that every cube has 2 windows. One into the cube infront of it and one into the one behind it. This design is very reminiscent of the novel 1984, a favorite read of mine. My boss probably doesn't even know what a novel is.
A look beneath the window reveals many untouched reports and a book related to a project I am working on.
As we turn left once more we are greeted with my cubbies rec area. As you can see I have head phones for super jamming! A lightsaber used to settle interdepartmental disputes. Hygiene being very important to me I keep a minicow toothbrush holder. It reminds me of clean teeth through out the day.
Sometimes I throw sweet parties, in my cube. We play some pretty awesome Jams. The fire chief says I can only have 3 people in the club...err my cube at a time but sometimes we break the law and squeeze in 5 or 6. Pretty Rockin.

1 comment:

MetroOwl said...

You are a funny fellow. Nice digs, funny fellow.