Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Life and Death

Lately I think a lot about dying. I don't really think about how I'll die, I just hope it will be awesome. I think more about how I'll know if I'm happy when I die. Assuming that I don't die the instant I realize I'm about too, what will I look back on and be happy about.

Work is one of the major things that plague me, I work 40 hours a week. That leaves me 128 hours I sleep 8 hours a night. That leaves me with 72 hours of waking time. That means in a 7 day week I am only getting to actually LIVE 3 days... That is 156 days a year, which means I waste 200 days a year on work. How would I pay my bills and buy the things I wanted/need if I didn't have a job. How would I get my rockin new Wii and a new PC!? I most certainly need a new couch and a sweet HD TV! Then I think, what will all of those things mean to me as I'm dying; Will I be happy because I died with an HD TV, because I traded 200 days of my finite human life, for a TV, and 200 more for a new sofa and fridge?

I think the things that will make me happy as I die, are the people I have known, The places I have seen, and the way that I have lived. Knowing this I still lack the will power to break away from the "real world". I'm sure as I die, Ill regret that the most.

No comments: